Dear Families,
Week #11 - check!  I can’t believe this is my second last BLOG POST of the school year!!  I have thoroughly enjoyed communicating our news and learning with you all (my students’ families).  

I thank you for being a regular follower and supporting your child’s academics IN and OUT of the classroom.  It's been quite an adjustment, but we've persevered and I couldn't be more proud of my students for their dedication, efforts, and responsibility to continue their academics.  None of this would have been possible if it was not for your (parents) SUPPORT.  

Perhaps you may recall at the student-led conferences in November, your child had shared the meaning of T.E.A.M.  This stands SO TRUE ... and we have achieved more as a dream team :-) 


Together Everybody Achieve More Stock Illustrations – 2 Together ...

It has been a true pleasure writing these weekly posts as I get to reflect upon all the meaningful things we're doing and have done as a class family, this brings me immense JOY! 

Father's Day:

Happy Father’s Day on Sunday to all the wonderful Dads out there!  I hope you enjoy quality time together as a family.  Thank you to the students who completed the little activity I had assigned to give to Dad as a gift!  I was able to see some of them from students who shared it with me.  I am so proud of their final products and I am confident you will be too!  


Georgian Humane Society:
It was nice having Molly from the Georgian Humane Society join our Google Meet on Tuesday morning to teach us all about this foundation.  Empathy and compassion are important traits to have and hold on to.  It is what can help make ALL LIVES FEEL VALUED ...all living things matter!

Molly's genuine and gentle approach is something I really admired and I appreciate my students listening attentively and then actively participating by asking accountable questions!  I have many dog lovers in the class so you can imagine there were lots of inquiries about this!

Google Meets Next Week:
We will be having another special guest on Monday's Meet!!  Yes, that's right!  We'll be having Ms. McNichol join us again to share another passion of hers :)  We all know she loves bees, right?  Well, another passion of hers is HORSES!  Check it out!!


Ms. McNichol will be teaching the kids about this majestic animal and even share about the recent birth of a foal (baby horse, soooo cute)!  She has live videos and stories to share!  Hop on Monday to enjoy this experience!!  You don't want to miss it!



Please note, our final virtual meet will be on Thursday at 9:00 A.M (not Friday).  On this day, we will have the opportunity to say our farewells and wish everyone a happy summer!  Students have enjoyed showing and sharing various things they've done at home which has been exciting to see!  So if your child has something they'd like to share, please have them hop on and we can celebrate together.

Noah:
Thank you Mrs. Flint for sharing this photo of Noah and his younger brother Ryker exploring and enjoying the virtual field trips that I posted for Monday's slide.  Looks like they're really interested in the San Diego Zoo session!  So happy to hear and SEE THIS!!


Hannah:
Thank you Mrs. Bolton for sharing these beautiful pictures of your children as they enjoy some time at the cottage as well as celebrating her birthday!  Look at their smiles, the bright sky, and fresh water - STUNNING!!  Yes, I want to JUMP INTO THE PHOTO and be there too!  Delighted to see and hear that you all had a fabulous time together :)





Mindfulness:
What makes Canada so great?  That's right - DIVERSITY!  We are a country that proudly welcomes and celebrates all cultures!  That's what makes US so unique :)  I am a proud Sikh Canadian and am deeply grateful for our government who openly welcomed my family who immigrated from India in the 1970's.

TOP 25 DIVERSITY QUOTES (of 1000) | A-Z Quotes

When we were in class and even during distance learning, we regularly talked about and celebrated the differences we see in others and to always embrace and acknowledge these with open minds and hearts.  ACCEPT OTHERS AS THEY ARE.  We are ALL DIFFERENT and that's OK!  It's these differences which make us ONE OF A BEAUTY KIND!!  

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this video honouring our GREAT COUNTRY'S DIVERSITY!


Growth Mindset:

10 Words of Wisdom From the Late Maya Angelou | Maya angelou ...

Namaste,
Ms.  Gill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog